Filing Policies: All multiple exposure claims against both Non-HW and HW must be specified at the time of initially filing a Claim Form. A claimant cannot file a Claim Form against one entity and then file a second Claim Form against the other at a later date.
Claims alleging Disease Level I or II that have been previously filed with and paid by the DII Industries, LLC Asbestos Personal Injury Trust (“Asbestos PI Trust”) will not be paid by the Silica PI Trust.
There are two types of DII Silica claims: Expedited or Individual Review claims. The Expedited Review option is a much shorter process resulting in a quicker response for payment. The Individual Review option undergoes a more detailed review and the value of the claims is determined by the information provided.
- Shorter process resulting in quicker response;
- Processed first, in order of first received by the Trust;
- Single, fixed payment;
- All Expedited Review claims of the same disease category receive the same payment amount;
- All Expedited Review claims are evaluated identically.
- Undergoes a more detailed review;
- Receives Individualized evaluation;
- Could result in a higher or lower payment than the Expedited Review
- Processed after Expedited Review claims received on the same date.