Claimant Relations | 800.708.8925

Websupport | 866.665.5790

Home | Contact | Log In to Trust Online

Claim Filing

What are my options when filing with the Trust?

You must choose one of the applicable claim processes:  Expedited Review, Individual Review, Extraordinary Claim Review (must undergo Individual Review), or Exigent Hardship Claim Review (must undergo Individual Review and complete a supplemental Proof of Claim Form).

How do I file a claim?

A claimant must submit the appropriate, fully completed Claim Form, including all supporting information referenced in the form. You may request a claim package from the Trust by calling Claimant Relations at (800) 708-8925 or download and print the claim forms from the Resources Page. You must complete the Proof of Claim form, choose the applicable claim process and send it to the Trust’s mailing address.

What materials are needed to file a claim?

In addition to a completed claim form, medical and exposure documentation supporting the alleged injury is required.  The Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) provide specifics about what medical and exposure documentation is needed with your claim submission.

Do I need an attorney to file my claim so I can be paid?

No, an attorney is not required to file a claim.  Any individual with a valid silica-related injury may file a claim.  The Trust cannot provide guidance on whether you should obtain an attorney or file independently.

Who should file a claim?

Any person who is diagnosed with one or more of the four disease levels outlined in the Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) and has evidence of causation related to Halliburton and/or Harbison-Walker products.

How do I complete a claim if I am a relative of a person who worked with Halliburton and/or Harbison-Walker products?

Claim pages (including Part 6) must be completed with your information, except for Part 5 of claim form, which must be completed for the occupationally exposed person.

Other Claim Related Questions


How do I respond to a claim deficiency?

You may send your deficiency response to the Trust’s mailing address or you may log into Trust Online and update the claim form using our enhanced Deficiency Response Process. For more information on this process click here.

How long does it take to review my response to a deficiency after it is received by the Trust?

After the Trust receives your response, it is processed in a First In First Out (FIFO) order, similar to when your claim was first received.

When I am supplementing claim information or responding to a deficiency, do I need to resubmit the claim form?

No, please send only the additional information/documentation and include the injured party’s name and last four digits of the Social Security number.

What happens to a claim that has an Administrative Hold?

The claim cannot be processed until the Administrative Hold is removed by the Trust.  You may contact the Trust for more information about why your claim was placed on Administrative Hold.

I received a letter about my claim but I do not understand what is being requested, how can I get help?

You may contact our Claimant Relation toll free line at (800) 708-8925 Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4:30PM EST.  You can also email your questions directly to and we will respond promptly.


What does it mean to defer a claim?

An option to file a claim, but to put on hold and not be processed at that time.

How do I defer a claim?

Claims can be deferred by written notification of the claimant’s name and Social Security number and an expression of the claimant’s intent to defer the claim. Trust Online users can also defer individual claims by clicking the Defer button on the claim’s general page.

Is there a deadline when I must activate the deferred claim?

The Trust currently allows claims to be deferred for a period not to exceed three years without affecting the status of the claim for statute of limitations purposes, in which case the claimant shall also retain his or her original place in the FIFO Processing Queue.

How do I activate a previously deferred claim?

You must notify the Trust in writing that you no longer want the claim deferred and forward any supporting documentation for the claim. The claim will be processed based on the initial date of receipt according to the Asbestos Personal Injury Settlement Trust Distribution Procedures. If you are a Trust Online user, you can un-defer a claim by clicking the Undefer Claim button found on the claim’s General tab.


How are claims assigned for review?

A claim is assigned for review based on the scheduled outline in the Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) and is then assigned to a claim reviewer.

When will my claim be reviewed?

The Trust will attempt to provide an initial response to the claimant within six months of receiving the claim form.

The physician has noted the claimant’s shortness of breath and need for oxygen. Are PFTs still required to qualify for Silicosis and Severe Silicosis?

Yes, the Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) require PFT reports to support these diseases.

Will the Trust review a claim if the injured party died before a physical exam was performed?

The Trust Distribution Procedures (TDP) require a physical exam, however, if the injured party is deceased at the time of filing, the Trust will accept a pathology report from a board-certified pathologist for the alleged injury.

How can a particular plant/site of exposure be established as a known site to satisfy the requirement for Company Exposure?

Evidence to establish a known Halliburton and/or Harbison-Walker site can be submitted to the Trust for consideration by the Trustee.